Sunday 22 July 2012

Ramadan Day 3, Iftar

The moment of truth is now upon us... Enter, the scale!!

228.4lbs

So I'm up .2lbs from yesterday's reading, which could be due to a number of factors. Close enough to not freak out by any means. After the scale and breaking the fast were taken care of, then it was time for Iftar!

On the menu today was some traditional Egyptian cooking. In the bowl is what we call "sabanekh" which is literally stewed spinach. What's so good about it is that on its own it's a complete SCD meal since there's meat (I use veal shank here since its awesome) spinach (your vegetable) and yellow split peas (baby chick peas which are your legume). Pictured beside it is a salad with a spoon of mayo and balsamic vinegar as a dressing (I ran out of olive oil so I had to be creative here!). What's not pictured here is some kofta meat balls, which I had about 3 along with the meal, and about 3/4 of a 1.5L eksa bottle of cranberry flavored water. What I forgot here though is my PAG supplement! I need to stop forgetting things like this! One day suhur, today PAG, maybe tomorrow i'll forget it's my cheat day...

I don't think i'll ever forget cheat day, but you get where i'm going here.

I didn't want to miss on taking it, so two hours later (closer to midnight) I took it with a glass of water and a Quest protein bar (most scd compliant treat that eats like a meal I could find). My flavour: peanut butter and jelly :)

And that's it! Let's see how suhur goes leading up to cheat day. Measurements are tomorrow too... I can't wait to see what my progress has been like!! I will post tomorrow along with the iftar post the old measurements from the previous week along with the new ones from this week. Before every cheat day i'll post the new measurements just to keep it consistent.

As I mentioned too, suhur this morning will be strictly SCD, then the glutton-fest begins at sunset. 

No comments:

Post a Comment