Monday 23 July 2012

Ramadan, Day 4, Suhur

Merry Cheat Day Eve!!

So, Suhur today was rather interesting. Might have been comical if it were part of a sitcom of some sort that focuses solely on tormenting the main character for the pleasure of the viewing audience. However, here goes the story...

I need a better alarm clock, it didn't even go off AGAIN! Luckily, my 4 year old was conveniently having a bad dream and woke up screaming exactly 20 minutes before time was up to eat. So I get out of bed, and rush downstairs to the kitchen.

I take a look at the prayer schedule, it says that Fajr is at 4:18, and I look at the clock and see that it's 4:04. Here I am saying "I got tonnes of time!!" ... boy was I ever wrong.

So I wanted to try out this DCCC everyone's raving about on the SCD. For those of you unfamiliar with the term, it's dry curd cottage cheese. Which is allowed on the diet, and has massive amounts of Casein protein. I picked some up from Whole Foods the other day and said I have to try it one day... and I chose today of all days to try it...


So I fill up my water and ice, and start to drink, take my PAG supplement, and start taking veggies out of the fridge to cut up with my cottage cheese. Got a tomato, green pepper, and an onion. By the time I cleaned them up and was about to start chopping, I took a look at the clock, 4:12


So I start panicing and start rushing through the chopping process, making rather large dices instead of my regular small sized tranches just because of the time. So here I am chopping, drinking water, and throwing stuff into the plate. Get out the cottage cheese and crumble it up into the veggies, no time for oil or seasonings, time I finished: 4:16


The end result:


Not perfect by any means, as you notice the cottage cheese curds all over the side of the plate as I was literally throwing everything together. Now, to eat and drink water in 2 minutes...

I start shovelling away at the tasteless dish, eating and drinking as much as I can, and filling up the water for at least another glass. I finish about half the plate as the time got down to 4:17 and I just left the food and started to chug the water with my eyes on the clock. As soon as 4:18 hits, I put the cup of water down, only a quarter of it was left behind, and obviously half of the cheese.

I put the rest of it in a tupperware so that I can season it and have it later when I get a chance, after the cheat day passes. Of course I have to see how it reacts with me and my progress too if I get to have it again!

That's all for now, i'll be sure to send updates of the glutton that will beseech me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment