Sunday 29 July 2012

Ramadan, Iftar Day 8, Suhur Day 9


This is coming out a little late so I apologize to all you guys following this blog waiting on progress, it's been a crazy day and i'm just starting to catch up, so here goes! No need to put a picture of the scale today, it didn't change from yesterday to today; still @ 225.2lbs. No need to worry though, hopefully the protein shake had nothing to do with it (at least that's what i'm telling myself)


Iftar


Today we wanted to do the same thing we did yesterday but with eggplants and green peppers (moussaka or messa23a in Arabic) however when we were preparing it, the eggplants fell apart when we roasted/stewed them, so we had to fry them (unfortunately). We used macadamia nut oil to do it though, so hopefully not so bad (and obviously not breaded).


So this would be the final result of the eggplant "stew" or the moussaka, we made it with ground beef as well. So tasty! For veggies, I had it ontop of my cauliflower rice, and had these bad boys with it too:


That would be arugula (or gargeer), so nice and fresh and peppery, it's the perfect companion to the meal. Broke my fast with water and my PAG supplements, and lots of water.

Suhur


Today was special, since I found this lactose free, gluten free, soy free cheese at the market and decided to try it. They had mozzarella and cheddar flavours, so I made an omelette with the cheese, sautéed some red onions and some garlic in macadamia oil, and topped it with 2 eggs + 2 egg whites.


That my friends, is what I call absolute heaven. Even my wife who got sick of eggs on this diet asked for one of these bad boys. The cheese tasted exactly like cheese, and even melted and pulled the way melted cheese does!

Obviously before had lots of water, my PAG supplement, after eating I had my protein shake and then more water. Topped it all off with my AGG supplement and off to bed I went after fajr!

Cheat day tomorrow!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment