Wednesday 25 July 2012

Ramadan, Iftar Day 4, Suhur Day 5

I haven't had time to really sit down and update like I did at the beginning because of work and all, so I'm trying to compress iftar and suhur in one post so that it might be more beneficial :) Sorry for any inconveniences!

Anyways... the scale reading before iftar... (drum roll please)

228.8lbs


BOOMSHAKALAKA!! Only gaining 1.8lbs after cheat day for me is unheard of, let alone possible. I always put on at least 3-4lbs, but maybe that can be dispelled by the lack of water available to retain in my body. Either way I was pretty excited when I got on. Also made me feel less guilty about what I would have today for iftar.

Iftar

As you can tell from yesterday's post, there was a lot of food, so we decided to have SCD compliant left overs from yester-cheat, with a few additions.


So in the middle is the middle eastern green soup molokhia, and inside it is some of the chicken from potato tray yesterday all chopped up in the soup. To the left is some yummy kofta balls (had about 3 or 4 of these) and then my salad (green onions, tomato, green pepper, topped with a balsamic vinegar and mayo mix, still haven't gotten any oil yet!). You can kind of see a blue plate on the top, that had some nice pepperocini peppers that made everything taste better as I was eating. Obviously broke my fast with my water and PAG supplement.

Decided to do something different today with suhur, since I'm always tired when I wake up and seem to struggle while preparing and eating the food. Instead of going to sleep, we just decided to stay up until around 1:30-2:00am, and then eat. We'll see what happens tomorrow on the scale.

"Suhur"


Notice the quotes since it's not really right before Fajr, but still early enough in the morning to call it Suhur. What was on the table for Suhur you ask?


This is what I like to call kibdah iskandaraneya or liver Alexandrian style. Basically some fresh veal liver chopped up, sautéed in some butter with loads of garlic, hot Serrano peppers, cumin, salt and pepper. The green peppers were my "vegetable" just to keep it "SCD" compliant. Had my PAG supplement now here too, and loads of water. Note this plate fed 3 people, as much as I wanted to finish it all myself :)

After this, I decided to reward myself for the good numbers on the scale earlier.

  
Enter some delicious strawberry sugar free JELL-O. Just had half the plate, never really tried this sweetener (splenda) to see how it'd work with me (so far stevia is a-ok with me!)

We'll see how the progress is tomorrow when I get on the scale tomorrow before iftar. Let's hope for the best! Until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment