Thursday 26 July 2012

Ramadan, Iftar Day 5, Suhur Day 6

Let's get the ball rolling! As soon as Iftar rolls around, I get on the scale. Except at first the reading comes out to 229.2lbs. So I tell myself "wait a second, I think I have to go pee!!" After using the facilities, and taking off my shirt for safe measures, the new reading is as follows:

228.4lbs


Woo!! So that means my weight is down again (with a little help) from the previous reading by 0.4lbs. Not too bad, but I think it could have been better! Now let's get to the "meat" of the post, the food!

Iftar


After stepping on the scale, took my PAG supplement and drank a nice tall glass of water, and sat down to eat. Today, I felt a little adventurous and wanted to shake it up a bit. While at work, I was browsing online for some new meal ideas, and came across this stir fry that looked appetizing. Only problem was that it called for Hoisin sauce and Soy sauce. First, Hoisin sauce is full of sugar, and Soy sauce has wheat in it!

Again, Google is your best friend when looking for alternatives. I found a sugar-free hoisin sauce recipe, and went to the local Chinese supermarket and found a wheat-free Soy sauce called "Tamari", although it was a lot harder to find it since no one really knows how to help me at the place! Either way, I put together the hoisin sauce and had a friend try it since I was fasting obviously, and they gave me the thumbs up. Although they were like "it ain't hoisin sauce, but it's pretty good either way" For me, pretty good is good enough!

Final result:


I had a hankering for Chinese food today, and made a Sweet n Spicy Chicken Stir Fry with Broccoli. It wasn't sweet really (used Stevia in the chicken marinade, and in the hoisin sauce) and put it ontop of some Cauliflower rice (it was REALLY good this time). Washed it down with some more water, but it was really spicy. A nice change of pace!

Suhur

Didn't get up, alarm didn't go off... I swear i'm going to throw it in the garbage! Let's see how this affects me on the scale tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment