Monday 6 August 2012

Cheating Experiment...

Hey everyone! I bet you're wondering where I went... Well, right before I post measurements I want to let you all know that I tried something out this weekend. As I eluded to in my previous post, I was going to test out how two cheat days in a row during Ramadan works for me. This post will reflect those two days!

Here's a little preview of some sweet things my wife prepared for today before I get into the details:


Nutella Chocolate cookies... were they ever good! So soft, like biting into a hazelnut pillow lol.

Measurements

Here's what I came in at the beginning of cheat day, right before iftar:

Chest: 109.0cm (42.913 in) -1.0cm (-0.39 in)
Waist: 109.0cm (42.913 in) -1.5cm (-0.59 in)
Hips: 109.0cm  (42.913 in) -3.0cm (-1.18 in)

Kind of an odd measurement that they all came in at 109.0cm, but non the less they were all losses across the board. Total loss of 5.5cm or 2.17 inches!

The scale...


It's official, 30lbs lost total!! Started this diet at 252.8, now look! Since last week I lost 1.8lbs. Still a move in the right direction! Now for cheating...

Cheat Day #1


I broke my fast with about 7 almond stuffed, honey coated dates, and a glass of water. After I prayed, I had one of those Nutella cookies, some white chocolate raspberry bars. I then indulged into an entire Large Pizzaville margherita pizza! That's right, the whole damn thing!!


Those would be said bars. After that, I had some water, and then helped myself to a quarter of a watermelon... which was really sweet and hit the spot.

Suhur came around and I had some Iranian sweet bread with cream and honey, as well as a few cucumbers just to keep it a little healthy. Had massive amounts of milk and yogurt throughout. We'll see how that impacted me on the scale next day.

Cheat Day #2


There it is! My typical gain during Ramadan, about 1.8lbs since the last weigh in, which was to be expected... The Question is now WHAT is going to happen when I cheat for the second day. What did I have you ask? Let's see...

Obviously broke my fast with more of those dates, they're like crack. You can't just have one, I followed with some water. After I prayed, I had 2 more Nutella cookies, and this beauty here:


Homestyle beef lasagne! It was really nice and cheesy, and hit the spot for what I was craving! All I needed was a cesar's salad and it would have been perfect, but I skipped out on the salad.

I had two of these too.. they're really good and really addictive. To top it all off, it isn't Ramadan without....


KONAFA!!!! Yes!! FINALLY!!! I've been craving this since last Ramadan, finally had it, stuffed with cream which is my favourite!

Suhur was more of the same, more Konafa, more yogurt, and then bed!

Ramadan, Day 18, Iftar

The damage...


Seriously? A loss of 0.2lbs?? I think one of my prayers must have been answered!! I need to do this next week and see if that's what happens. That brings my total cheat days gain to 1.6lbs. Unbelievable!!


On the menu today was some Cauliflower stew with ground beef and cauliflower rice. Lots of water, PAG supplement, and some pepperocini peppers on the side. Come back for Suhur and see how it went!!

No comments:

Post a Comment