Wednesday 1 August 2012

Ramadan, Iftar Day11, Suhur Day 12

Alright, let's get things kicked into high gear! Let's start it all off with the scale...


As you can see, it's at 225.6lbs today, a loss of 0.4lbs from yesterday, so i'm going to start dropping that water weight from cheat day. I'm pumped! Let's move on...

Iftar


Even though we're not in the winter, and it was pretty hot outside, we were in the mood for some comfort foods today. So my wife whipped up the following:


This would be a red lentil and white kidney bean soup. It was reallllllly good! Nice way to start off the iftar (with my PAG and water of course). Next...


I made some chilli since I was craving that too, topped it off with the "cheese" that I found that really isn't cheese, but it tastes/melts/pulls just like it, and it's gluten/dairy/soy/lactose free. It was pretty spicy (I was a little too liberal with the chilli), so I paired it with some arugula


Nice, crisp, cold... perfect as a companion to the chilli! That my friends is our version of homestyle comfort at it's finest. The chilli really hit the spot. Only problem was there is a lot of it. So definitely going to have some tomorrow (at least a little bit)

Suhur


Before Suhur by a couple of hours, I decided to have a Quest protein bar, just to pretend like it's another meal since I was getting pretty hungry. If you don't know what this is, this is probably the most SCD friendly protein bar available. It's worked pretty well for me in the past so I had one. My flavour of choice today: peanut butter and jelly.

Remember yesterday how I said what I tried to make got set on fire, and that i'd try it again? Well, today was that day!! Mostly because I still had some of it marinating in the fridge still, and it was haunting me. But today, I was much more successful at achieving what I wanted!


Yes, those do look like chicken strips! Before you freak out, this is what I did. I had some chicken tenders marinating for a few days in onion, black pepper and salt. I was also reading a few SCD forums where they were talking about having "crispy chicken" without it being fried. I was intrigued... How do I get em to be that good looking and crispy you ask? Simple... almond meal! Basically they're blanched almonds that have been pulverized in the food processor to resemble bread crumbs. Soon as you're done with that, I added paprika, cajun spices, lemon pepper, seasoned salt, parsley, onion powder, and garlic powder, and mixed em all up. Made an egg wash using 1 egg and 2 egg whites, and there you have it!

Put it in the oven at 450 for 6-7 mins on one side, turned it over for another 5-6 mins until the colour changed, and voila! Served it up with some cucumbers and a dipping sauce (mustard, mayo, tobasco). The chicken strips weren't as crispy as fried ones, but they were damn good! Took my PAG before hand and lots of water.

After I had my meal, I made my protein shake, and had my AGG supplement, and off to bed I went. Let's see tomorrow if it impacts me on the scale much, since i'd be real excited if I got to do this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment