Friday 10 August 2012

Ramadan, Iftar Day 21, Suhur Day 22

Alright, without further a do... the scale!


As you can see, i'm finally down to 224.4lbs which is a 1.0lb drop from the previous day. Finally a positive move in the right direction!

Iftar

Had some classic Egyptian food today!


This is what I like to call Lobya or a black eyed pea stew. Made with veal shank served on the cauliflower rice. Tasted pretty good! Had some nice salad on the side, and my father in law made some of his tahini sauce and some kofta:


Pan fried kofta (minced the parsley, tomato, and garlic into the meat).


Just lemon juice as the dressing here, was really nice and fresh!


Tahini sauce!! Had my PAG supplement and water to break my fast, and enjoyed this delicious meal with a side of lemon pickles and pepperocini peppers.

Suhur

I got a little creative today to kick up my scrambled eggs:


No egg whites today since they were all out, so I used 4 eggs instead with the pastrami, onions, and garlic. I also added a couple of spoons of harissa (hot pepper paste) to the mix, gave it an amazing flavour!!

Had lots of water, PAG supplement, served it with 3 cucumbers. After I was done I had more water, my protein shake, and off to bed!

Sorry for the short and late post today but I have to run! See you tomorrow right before cheat day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment