Friday 3 August 2012

Ramadan, Iftar Day 13, Suhur Day 14

Just as I suspected...


225.4lbs... that's a 0.6lbs gain because of my little splurge lol. I think this is probably the first time outside of cheat day that i've gained during Ramadan. I'm not sure i'd have to look back and check, but it wasn't a surprise, I expected it. 

I guess that means no more coconut flour for now!

Iftar

Decided to keep it somewhat veggie-centric today. Brought back an old favourite in sabanekh which is the spinach stew (cooked with veal shank and split peas). Served it with cauliflower rice, a side of sautéed mushrooms, and an egyptian way of serving tomatoes... let's take a look!


These tomatoes are rubbed with garlic, jalapenos, and cumin. Topped with olive oil and lemon, they're really good. We also pickle eggplants this way as well. 


Sautéed mushrooms in garlic butter, olive oil, and more garlic! They're a good companion to any meal, plus the sauce that comes out of them is to die for.


If you've been following the blog, you've seen this before, except today I served it on Cauliflower rice. The rice itself was just steamed in the microwave, and had some garlic butter added to it.

Overall it was pretty satisfying; had some pepperocini peppers on the side as well. Broke my fast with water and my PAG supplement, and had more water as the evening progressed.

Suhur

Wanted to keep this as simple as possible. Went back to an old favourite but with a few modifications.


I decided to have my 1 egg + 3 eggwhite scramble today, sautéed some onions and some bastarma which if you remember is the Egyptian pastrami I made. Chopped em up and sautéed them together then scrambled the eggs on them. BTW as a side note, for your information, PC Free Run Eggs totally rock. I used one egg and look at the colour of the eggs, normally they come out to a pale white colour! You can get them at your local Loblaw store (normally don't plug but I had to give them some respect!)

Cut up some middle eastern cucumbers beside it, and washed it down with 4 glasses of water and my PAG supplement. I also took  my multivitamin at this time; I feel if I take it before Suhur ends is usually the best time.

Also made my protein shake, had the AGG supplement, more water, and off to bed! Let's see if i'm back in the red tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment